Monday, April 9, 2012

Logitech MK220 Wireless Combo

Yesterday I received my logitech wireless mouse and keyboard(MK220 Wireless Combo). I wanted to use it with my ubuntu laptop and was worried if it will be compatible with my ubuntu or not.

Before purchasing I tried to check logitech support site to verify it works with linux or not, but logitech site list support for only windows. But I still purchased it and hoping of it to work fine. But after receiving it, I plugged its wireless signal receiver to my laptop and inserted battery to keyboard and mouse and It worked, without my doing anything. Well I was thinking, I will be required do some hack to make it work, but I am glad that ubuntu has out of box support for this device.

After receiving it I tried to use keyboard, keyboard is lightweight and vary portable, initially I felt that its keys are cramped and my finger can't find keys that easily as it do on full size keyboard and also found its arrow Key are placed at awkward position and difficult to find it easily but after working a while on it now it quite comfortable.

Following are few snaps of product. I shared this post here in hope to remove similar doubts of compatibility that I had before purchasing this product.




14 comments:

  1. Hi,
    I have the same keyboard-mouse kombo and use it on Ubuntu 10.10. Th problem for me is that the numpad section of the keyboard doesn't work. Do You have it working and if You do, what keyboard model You have under Keyboard Preferences?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. yes, numpad section works fine for me. I use ubuntu 11.10, But I am not sure how to check model, I am not able to find it in System Setting-> keyboard

      Delete
  2. Are you Korean?

    ReplyDelete
  3. No, but I currently stay in korea

    ReplyDelete
  4. Thank you for confirming that it works with Ubuntu. :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. thanks for the info, i will now buy the combo whth more security taht it will work. Regards.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Thank you for sharing this information. I am thinking about getting this keyboard + mouse combo and I'm using 12.04

    ReplyDelete
  7. Hello
    Kongkorongok you can tell-me if realy work fine with Ubuntu 14.04 LTS

    Thanks

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It works fine with 13.10. I don't think that 14.04 is released yet.

      Delete
    2. Sorry

      Sorry
      My mistake, i want say 12.04 LTS!

      Delete
    3. Yes, It will work under 12.04 LTS, I had used my combo device is past with 12.04

      Delete
  8. i put logitech m150 to it n they all r working!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!555

    ReplyDelete
  9. Me too!
    I hot-plugged the USB stick and my Lubuntu 3.11.0-15 didn't even take auto-detect and auto-install. Mouse and keyboard from the MK220 got running at once. Also the num keys, which seem to cause problems for others from what I've read in forums.

    ReplyDelete
  10. i hope it work on Ubuntu 14.04

    ReplyDelete