Friday, February 26, 2010

Control panel in wine

Today I tried to install MS Office 2003 in my wine installation, i have read on web that Office 2007 is not that stable and usable on wine so i am trying 2003.

After completing installation, i tried to run Outlook and something goes wrong and my account setup got interrupted. Then when i restarted outlook it always close by saying that default profile corrupted.

Now to resolve this problem I thought to created another mail account from control panel. but i was not able to find windows control panel in wine. After searching Internet a while i found following command that launch control panel.

"wine rundll.exe shell32.dll,Control_RunDLL cplname.cpl" this command should be executed from windows directory from wine installation.

Still I am not able to setup mail account on outlook but I learned something from it.

No comments:

Post a Comment