Saturday, November 24, 2012

Unboxing LG flatron E2742 LED monitor

I just received LG Flatron E2742 27 inch LED monitor.

Following are few snapshot of it and my impression regarding the same.

Monitor comes with DVI, VGA cable plus driver installation disc and stand for monitor  I also got HDMI cable from online vendor as gift. And yes monitor support all three input VGA, HDMI and DVI. There is also sound output connection. I never tried it looks like it will provide sound output form HDMI.

Assembling the stand and mounting the monitor on stand is quite easy and quite well explained in manual as well. However you will not need to refer it, process is quite intuitive.







Monitor vary slim and bezel is also very thin and its non glossy as well so eyes does not get much strain due to constant reflection. You can adjust it tilt angle but you can not adjust its height.





Once setup I mounted and connected with my laptop using VGA cable. Both my windows and ubuntu laptop detected required driver by itself. I did not required to do any setup my self.

Monitor maximum supported resolution is 1920 x 1080 and my both laptop are able to support his resolution.

On Ubuntu  at start up time or at log on time sometimes this monitor does not get started in 1920x1080 resolution  I have select this resolution manually from display setting.









1 comment: